The project is financed by the ARCHIPELAGO programme within the framework of the European Emergency Trust Fund (EUTF) for Africa whose main objective is to improve the employability of youth through targeted technical and vocational training services and strengthen the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in 12 countries in the Sahel and Lake Chad region (Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal).
The project addresses the increased ability of young people to integrate into the job market. The chosen approach is focused on developing and implementing TVET actions that address the current needs in the horticulture sector. The proposed TVET programme is linked to the existing programmes offered by KAC and in close collaboration with the private sector. The major activities are the following ones:
- Formulation and implementation of a TVET training programme (2-years) at the Kwadoso Agricultural College (KAC).
- The programme is formulated and implemented at KAC (Kwadaso Agricultural College) in close contact with a selection of 30 Ghanaian lead farmers throught the support of Holland Greentech (Dutch private sector business based in Ghana who offers seeds and services) and other local employers in the horticulture sector;
- Training of trainers at KAC (Kwadaso Agricultural College);
- Training of the lead farmers in Ghana on essential sills and knowlege in order to be able to produce high yields and good quality horticulture;
- Facilitation of job placement through close collaboration between the KAC (Kwadaso Agricultural College) and local private sector actors in the horticulture sector;
ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN HORTICULTURE: FARMING AS A BUSINESS
About this Course
A 4-month course with weekly classes and group work assignments offered by experts from Kwadaso Agricultural College, the Delft University of Technology (from the Netherlands), and Holland Greentech.
All learning activities help you in becoming more entrepreneurial in horticulture.
You will gain:
- Entrepreneurial Skills
- Practical Skills in Farming
- Introduction to Technological Innovations
Location: Kwadaso Agricultural College
HOW TO APPLY
Just send an email to email@example.com including
- Your CV
- Your motivation for applying
The course is FREE of charge. A device with a microphone and camera is required to participate. Attendance is Mandatory.
Start Date: 2nd September 2021
End Date: 17th December 2021